Spent a good 35 mins watching Dr. Robert Cowan at the Migraine World Summit, discussing why the lack of training causes a great deal of misdiagnoses of Migraines. They are doing some very interesting search with Artificial Intelligence which may well be groundbreaking. Anyone with Headaches and Migraines can contribute on the website http://www.bontriage.com. They also have a useful app that can be downloaded from the website.
Dr. Robert Cowan is a professor of neurology and director of the Headache and Facial Pain Program at Stanford University. He is board-certified in neurology and pain medicine with a subspecialty certification in headache medicine. Dr. Cowan holds several nationally elected positions, including chair of the section on chronic daily headache for the American Headache Society.
He is President of the Headache Cooperative of the Pacific and a fellow of both the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He sits on the board of the Alliance for Headache Diseases Advocacy and the American Headache and Migraine Association. He has published over 50 articles and is the author of The Keeler Migraine Method.
- Why do so many people with migraine never go to a doctor or receive a correct diagnosis?
- Is it always necessary to see a doctor for infrequent episodic migraine?
- What are the migraine subtypes?
- What are some of the common misdiagnoses for migraine?
- What is subacute intracranial hypotension?
- Is medication overuse headache a type of secondary headache?
- What is the result when migraine is misdiagnosed?
- How is underdiagnosis different from misdiagnosis?
- What is the future role of artificial intelligence in diagnosing and treating migraine?
- How can we be part of this groundbreaking AI research effort?
The Keeler Migraine Method:
A Groundbreaking, Individualized Treatment Program from the Renowned Headache Clinic Paperback by Robert Cowan
More than 30 million people suffer from debilitating headaches. Yet our understanding of the science behind migraines is still in its in-fancy. At the Keeler Center for the Study of Headache, Dr. Robert Cowan and his team of specialists conduct some of the most cutting-edge research in the field. Their treatment program, which combines the latest alternative and conventional therapy strategies, has helped thousands of sufferers manage their symptoms effectively and regain control of their lives.
As Dr. Cowan explains, each patient presents unique sets of triggers and pain patterns and requires a customized treatment approach. The Keeler method helps migraine sufferers identify their own headache triggers and then create an individualized formula for dramatically decreasing the frequency and severity of these attacks. It also illustrates how to design a foolproof, reliable ?rescue? plan when necessary, and offers surprising information, such as:
· Why elimination diets and ?foods to avoid? lists may not work
· Why frequently prescribed medications can actually make a headache worse
· Why many headache treatments stop working over Time