Further to the evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and in line with Public Health England and other informed sources, I would like to assure patients that I am taking measures to reduce the risk of infection by implementing the following:
1) Pre-screening patients prior to visiting and advising to postpone appointments, stay indoors and avoiding contact with other people if you’ve travelled to the UK from:
- Hubei province in China in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy or special care zones in South Korea since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms
- other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
2) Asking patients to postpone appointments if they have symptoms of flu, even if they haven’t travelled
3) Continuing to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in my clinic both in public areas and in-clinic rooms, in line with the health and safety legislation
In light of the virulent nature of Coronavirus, I hope you can understand the importance of implementing the above measures.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call and ask.
David Isherwood BSc Hons. Ost. FSCCO